- Best Wines For Your Health
- Most likely, you have already heard much about the health benefits of drinking red wine (in moderation). The antioxidant and anti-aging properties of red wine have largely been associated with a specific compound contained primarily in the skin and seeds of the grapes. This compound, resveratrol (pronounced rez-VEHR-ah-trawl), is found in varying amounts in different types of wines.
Some types of wine have more, some have less. If you’d like to drink wine with the highest amounts of resveratrol, read on to learn which wines you should be selecting and why.
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked Directly to Heart Disease
- News regarding the link between vitamin D and a healthy heart started hitting mainstream media last year and continued as more and more study results hit the medical journals. Vitamin D has now been associated with not only cardiovascular health, but strong bones, cognitive health, cancer prevention and immune health. Recently though, researchers presented some pretty strong evidence that linked a vitamin D deficiency directly to an increase in heart disease.
- Taking Cholesterol Drugs? Co Q10 a Must
- Statin drugs have become very popular and are being widely prescribed to lower high blood cholesterol. There is one unfortunate consequence of taking statin drugs: the unintentional blockage of the synthesis of Co Q10 in the body.>
The Basics: Fish Oil and Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- This article is a consolidated rundown of solid scientific research showing the benefits that have been associated with the consumption of omega-3’s from both fish and plant sources.
On Land and Sea O-mega-3's are found in plant and fish
- Don’t eat much fish? The calories in walnuts and canola oil too much for you? Don’t do ground flaxseed? Then consider supplements to boost your omega-3 fatty acids.
- High cholesterol is something we all want to avoid. Luckily, there have been numerous scientific studies that have shown there are life-style and nutritional practices that can have a significantly positive impact on cholesterol levels.
Pro’s Do Double Duty
-Studied for Heart and Arthritis Benefit
- As the Baby Boomer generation enters the years when heart disease becomes more prevalent and joint pain begins to require more attention: They look to prevention. With strong evidence, considering OneLifeUSA’s Proanthocyanidin formula as part of your daily supplement routine may be a great idea.
Oct-Dec 2012-You May Never Be Sick Again
- Assess YOUR Personal Health Risk
- The fact that 98% of us believe we will live this year without a serious health incident is just NOT REALITY. When a health disaster strikes, will you come out dead or alive?
- Eating Fish Dangerous to Your Health?
- How did fish, one of the healthiest meats on the planet become contaminated with high enough levels of poisonings to cause warnings to be issued by the FDA and the EPA?
- Health Benefits of Flaxseed plus Greens
- You’re going to LOVE this one! Our herbalists and formulators have effectively combined flaxseed with the ideal blend of greens to create a formula rich in whole food nutrients.
- Forgotten Nutrient for Your Heart
- Besides good fats and whole grains, your hearts needs magnesium to stay strong.
- It Protects Against Heart Disease, Diabetes and More!
- Fiber is the stuff that gives plants their very structure. It cannot be digested, has few (if any calories) or nutrients, yet is key to good health.
- Omega-3 May Decrease Your Body Fat
- The FDA has already given their stamp of approval for omega-3’s heart healthy claims, now it appears new research has shed light on their potential as weight – control agents, or more specifically, fat reducers.
- Magnesium May Reduce Risk of Diabetes
- The current RDA for magnesium is 310-320mg for adult women and 400-420mg for adult men. Average intake among Americans tends to lag about 100 mg below these recommended levels.